Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Smell the Cork Episode 2

Sorry I haven't written in a while.
I've been pretty busy.
I also feel like I'm channeling Ellen Degeneres so read the rest of this post in her voice.
I did get to go skiing in Steamboat Springs CO.
I normally associate skiing with something crazy and borderline suicidal like dancing on the ledge of a tall building with a Long Island Ice Tea in your hand or running across six lanes of freeway while dressed in a bear suit.
Skiing has always felt like that to me but this time I got lessons and I learned how to turn.
That was a good thing to learn.
No more crashing for me, no sir.
I was in Colorado to play a gig but the people that hired us threw in free skiing as a perk.
That's one of the great things about being in a band, all the little perks.

I did find time to tape another episode of Smell the Cork.
My guest was the fabulous Ray Benson.
He doesn't bill himself that way, I just think he's fabulous.
You can listen here:
http://smellthecork.libsyn.com/

Salud,
Miles

5 comments:

  1. just gotta say, bought myself the "little white lies" cd, love it,

    muchacho muchacho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias, Enrique.
    I didn't think anyone noticed the Muchacho bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a chance to listen to the interview yet but I love the picture. Is there no end to your talents? Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally got new speakers so I listened to the interview. It was really good. I hope you do some blogging during the Olympics. My friend is a producer for NBC and is over in Vancouver now. There will be plenty of fodder I'm sure especially in curling (if you can stay awake during it-I can't. Take care, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miles, where have you gone on the WWW?
    Pretty quiet down here...

    ReplyDelete